Today's Work Stalled... Trying to Live in the AI World of Facebook as it is These Days - Open Memoir
Google Alert! - If my typing fast is a problem for the Blogger System or your mail system I've used for 20 years, please be sure to let me know... I never would have imagined that my speed of about 80 wpm could ever be faster than computers...
You’re Temporarily Blocked
It looks like you were misusing this feature
by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily
blocked from using it.
This popped up when I tried to send a message to META
(Trying to get back on I wrote:)This latest message is after 6 months of Facebook locking my account
on Facebook. Let's us review all of this:
Facebook Account for Glenda Bixler, GABixlerReviews... Years ago I was
totally kicked off of Facebook "For my Safety" after being on that site for
at least,.or more than, 10 years. Given that the head of Facebook now
has announced that they are no longer able to consider "safety" of
accounts, I thought I would try one last time to discover why I am getting
popups from Facebook, even to the extent of, supposedly, creating a new
account, which I did, only to be stopped from actually checking in...
Then I was told I typed too fast and supposedly misused the site, whatever
that means... It seems to be that I am being intentionally blocked from
Facebook, while I was able to verify and secure an Instagram account.
And, since I've been asked by Meta Support over and over if my
problem has been solved and l always submitted a negative response,
may I suggest that my account should by now be reinstated, if indeed,
I was kicked off "for my safety..."
GABixler
~~~~~
3:15 PM (0 minutes ago)
Meta
Hello, First, this is a new email and this is a new time that I've been
Meta
Hello, First, this is a new email and this is a new time that I've been
kicked off Facebook... And unable to gain satisfactory relief from
Facebook. Recently my account was closed for something...at some
point the issue was addressed as advertising... I have never advertised
on Facebook. NO MONEY is involved with my activities at Facebook.
The last time ultimately I was referred to an old page I had. I saw one
pic which was posted, after I had already received a message that it
seemed my account had been hacked and that I was not allowed to get
back on until it was solved. It was about two years that time that nothing
was done. I changed my email account and rejoined although I hated to
change an address I'd been using for about 20 years. Yes I was on
Facebook from the time it opened. I was, I believe, the first individual to
create Reviewers Roundup, a group which featured books, reviews, and
anything publishing. No selling was ever even involved. I was told that
my entire file was lost, but then I was able to find the page that
supposedly I had posted which I didn't. I have now been told my account
to Instagram and Threads is also closed... with no explanation...
I have never received complaints from these 2 sites and I post from my
2 blogs there and a few times comment on other posts.
The last time I finally wrote to Meta and said "Isn't it about time to solve
this case and get me back on... I then proceeded to change my account
name...
I'm a blogger of books. I've been blogging on Google for over 20 years and
not once on any site have I been threatened--except by Facebook Staff. I
have from time to time asked why I was being monitored as it appeared
I was being discriminated against in some way... At NO time have I been
accused of anything other than some post being on one of my group
pages, which I would have immediately handled if the individual had
chosen to contact me instead of... whoever... Facebook talks two-faced
in my opinion. When I returned, all of the groups were now closed. One
had a questionable entry questionnaire about my sexuality--something
about whethjer I was female at birth!!! At that point, I decided to create
two groups to match my two blogs in Google and I post, share publicly
and I go away from FB given that they often posted some nasty gram
that I was being watched... NO other social site on the Internet has ever
claimed any of my posts were a problem. If I am remembering right over
the 20 years... In fact, I routinely monitored my group once FB was
allowing people to use Messenger who were not on FB because they
would join my group, open, but oriented toward books (posted) and
post inappropriate pics such as videos... I deleted routinely and
explained why.
It seems to me that FB has created an impossible situation. Many of my
writers had been kicked off for unknown reasons... Then they would
have to create a new account under a different name, having lost all
connections that they previously had... I had the maximum of
connections allowed when I was first on. My group had 13-15,000
members.... all info was lost for the account... And, as recently as this
week, I interacted with an AI assistant who popped up when I was
being told my ID had to be verified. I had asked for a copy of my files,
given what happened before. I got good information from AI...but was
unable to copy or download even though it was attempted. Once again
I had lost valuable information provided by AI. A file had been sent.
Later I searched for the file and it was gone. I searched at the Internet
level, it was not anywhere I could find. But most of all, I am writing this
because when I got the email about being suspended, I immediately s
started to appeal...only to see that the NO Return Crap was now showing
even though I had been asked for information. I had already written a
lengthy response which was unable to be sent based upon a last-minute
change which only changed when I hit send!!! Just as the popup message
appeared above after I had hit send! That email told that I
needed to go to my account to appeal.
Now I must wonder if Google is part of this entire effort under way to
destroy the average citizen in one way or another... We're watching it
happen daily...
My account remains closed and I am unable to sign in..... There are only
two obvious reasons for what FB has put me through, as well as others.
The staff members are incompetent. Or, I and others are being purposely
hassled without cause.... Or without sharing/defining the issue.
Seeking verification is NOT a reason to be kicked off/suspended in my
opinion. Yet for two different times. A graphic image is placed as a guard
to my account and I can go no further... In the meantime, emails come
in from Facebook via my gmail. Totally worthless since I have no way to
actually click to my site and check out what the email is about. Believe
me, I've tried several times and continue to get the graphic... Kinda
like the chicken or the egg argument, except I don't get to debate...
Let it be known that I am in the midst of writing an open personal memoir
based upon my own work experience with systems creation and
management. I blog and rate the sites I routinely use, defining exactly the
situations into which I have been placed. Each incident like this results in
my going into PTSD, due to Job Burnout and the computerization projects
that I was responsible for. I already used some of the material I learned
from the FB AI associate. I took advantage of asking about the issue now
in the courts related to authors versus scraping used by criminals of books
and how that has affected me as a professional book reviewer. The ability
to bring up links and information was fascinating and I got really excited.
Until downloading a copy of that interaction, which I normally do on all
sites when I chat, was impossible and later not even able to be opened
or found...
I recognize that I am only one person... Further, I have already shared
a post about the primary issue for authors as my last update. My blog goes
around the world to readers and writers.. I will be including this
interaction as what has kept me busy today and prevented me from
posting another review or two, which are half done at this point.. I
needed the info given re my role as a reviewer from the FB Associate,
while I was waiting for the download that was being monitored.
This is not intended as a threat. It is a hope that FB will go back to the
warm, friendly book haven it once was, where interaction happened
routinely between all those involved in publishing. Without any
reference to money changing hands...
Has the world changed so dramatically that we have lost what I thought
was the purpose of social sites? Specifically, permitting people to meet
and get to know others with similar interests from around the globe.
I've reviewed books for people from Australia, Germany, Canada and
more... I've written reviews for Chinese Americans and then sent them
off to China and the orient to share with home countries... My blogs are
open. I had allowed a light copyright issue because my intent was to
allow authors to refer people to my reviews from the author's own sites...
It increased the potential connections from about 100 to over 1000 and
more, depending on the author's method of using reviews I provided
of book(s)... Again, all without any money involved. Other than the
individual sometimes providing a copy of their book. At this time, I buy
all books I read, some of which are from Bookbub, a free site meant for
exchange... Again, No money is involved at any point of these activities.
Have we really lost the need to share about the wonders of reading?
While others are trying to ban books, we are trying to share and talk
about them... Is the world so divided by the rich that I cannot provide
a service for self-published book authors, especially, without cost?
Please excuse formatting and possible errors. I'm not Ok... Having
corporations solicit membership at their sites, only to discover that
their evolution has led to apparent poor management is distressing,
don't you think? I didn't want to take the time and rather have talked
about an important book... So what else is new these days?
Gabby
Comments
Post a Comment