Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Ruby Moon-Houldson I Knew... Memories of a Friend...

Many times an abused or troubled
child will not find saving grace in
their midst--not at home, not at school,
not in their neighborhood. They may
have to dream a little, look beyond
their nightmare, look to another source
of strength (whether it be real or not)
and reach for heroes who are...
more than angels...
--Foreword

Ruby's trilogy shared about the
abuse she and her siblings received
in their childhood...
Ruby was able to find words from
characters of a TV program to help
her make it through it all...

~~~

It was 2005 that I first started reading Ruby... I was doing a little more than reviewing at that time, so I was reading her manuscript of the first book in the More Than Angels series,

There was one thing I immediately noticed about the book. I became so curious that I wrote and asked her if I was right... She wrote back and told me I was the only one that had ever caught on to the reference...  For some reason, perhaps that one, we began a bonding friendship... This series still holds my heart as my favorite books, mainly because she shared so much about the content of the books as well as more personal background info with me. 

Knowing that background, I still cannot accept how Ruby died...  that the publicity picture here might be the last I will see of her... 
UPDATED: Homicide victim identified
by Sheriff as Ruby Moon-Houldson




1 comment:

  1. I'm just trying to find out who maybe you are.. I am related to Dr. Moon houldson. I came across this post looking online at things and came across this post..

    ReplyDelete

WE ARE Not Safe Anymore! We Trusted and Now Look at The Mess We are In! This is 10/8/2026... My Open Memoir...

  Now Reading Plausible Liars by Lin Wilder "Never deny the goodness of the gifts God has given you, Kate. That's false humility....