Friday, September 19, 2025

What we Learn When Young Carries Forward Until... Brain... Connects - Open Memoir - Reviewing Some Like it Hotter

 




Hi Everybody, I hope you read this post first because I wanted to share my personal growth of what has evolved in my own relationship with God... It is quite interesting, or, I suppose, uniquely my plan for life as written by the Great I AM... For He has certainly taken my thoughts in early life and changed me into an individual who is quite the opposite of what an individual may be, given my background and family.

Before going further, I just have to hope that you enjoyed the last several videos above that kept popping up... Maybe when Bamm Bamm was over, the YouTube genies decided to continue the music... I loved them all--they have a wonderful message with lots of emotions!

I just finished Some Like it Hotter, yes, a free book that I automatically signed up for and really didn't take the time to know what it's about, although I recognized that the title was an offshoot from an old production... 

These days I'm having problems with names, like most older folks ultimately begin... Yet, it's extraordinary that our brain still connects and continues to absorb. We may not remember just who we got the information from, but the importance of the speaker--his or her issue being covered--is able to be retained sufficiently to bring back the entire situation with the help of the genies...

Take for instance, my sharing of the latest from Harold Michael Harvey. I wanted to add a video for confirmation of all that he was saying... And, I was able to pull up a news blurb I had listened to through a connection of an issue to what Michael had written. One of the advantages of being able to do this is when people are like-minded in the truth of a situation...

So, getting ready to do my review of Some Like it Hotter, I immediately thought of one song, which you'll see leading that post...

The other immediately followed... Of course, I found it for use pulling it out of my memory of songs I learned when young... Actually, I learned the song earlier than Pebbles and Bamm Bamm even existed within the mind of some cartoon genius...

Some of you may have picked up on the fact that I'm a literalist as it relates to words (that's why I'm such a great proofreader, each word must make sense for me to continue to read, otherwise I correct or search the meaning). So, imagine, if you would, when I learned the song as I sang it then:
Mommy told me something, a little girl should know. It's all about the devil and I've learned to hate him so...

You know, I've come to realize that one song and more of what was being preached early in my life, affected me for most of my life. How? Well, listen to the words... Now I know what the intent was of whoever wrote the song... But... it was wrong to do so. Why emphasize that all of your emotions must be hidden--giving the impression if a child had been hurt emotionally, that they could not show it, but rather must work to let the sunshine in...Notice, it only names the devil... NOT Jesus... Thus, the name that was being repeated over and over, was not the name for Love...but...hate, fear, scared, worried, confused and any other normal feeling all of us must have as we learn to grow older...

I remember when "The Exorcist" came out, a friend or mine and I went to see the movie... I was so upset that I nearly fell when we were leaving and had to be helped to steady my walking... You see I believed so strongly in the demon and knowing they were real, that I became afraid, scared, confused... But I had to hide that feeling from my friend, just like I was taught by a song... Don't laugh. This is not funny. Science has shown that the basic age of a child knowing right and wrong is 4... That means that parents and a child's environment is affected for most of your life by that age. I had learned that the devil was to be hated... Yes, at the same time, I learned of Jesus Love, but that was not until I was 13 when I understood what that meant. My childhood fears had been ingrained by that time...

A child who is influenced in any way by a religious life can be affected for the rest of their life... I was...

It was not until I was 18 in my first job on a campus with many diverse people, that I learned just how many people there were who didn't look or speak like me. But, that they were...people...just...people... My first two friends when I left for school outside of my small hometown, were a black girl and a white catholic girl (the latter about which I had read small brochures shared by my southern baptist pastor uncle who spoke against that church). But, thankfully, my brain was functioning by that time... Carolyn and Marian were two girls who had immediately opened their lives to me a stranger and we were no different than friends should be, other than that one happened to be black and one happened to be going to a "questionable" church according to my uncle... So, it was about the 7th grade in school when I started questioning Truth...

To close out, briefly, being on a DEI campus for over 30 years, and then on top of that, seeing what has happened through a political party doing so much harm for no "good" reason other than power and control, I'm going to say just one thing... We can BEAT THE "D"--no matter what it stands for. THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD!



Gabby 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What if... God's Plan for the United States Was Fulfilled as of 2015 - His Plan Where DEI was Flourishing For this Country?

Recently, I've been feeling like God has taken over my mind...Who knows? Because I had this draft created...with all the videos below......