Skip to main content

My Apologies for Delays...Life Without Gas Leaves Blogger Slowly Trying to Adjust...

Cabin in Summer...
You know, when I moved into my log cabin, I had to
make many adjustments after living in a city condo...
Most I enjoyed, like creating some "spaces or as some people call them rooms" in my yard...

But being without any gas in a cabin that was created to use gas acquired through a ROW on the property, which included free gas to the residence, has become a major problem...

Not for basic living...no, but for being able to routinely live by some type of schedule...

So please forgive my lack of attention to emails requesting reviews...Before the gas shutoff, I was slowly catching up with the email while still producing approximately 20 reviews each month... But I haven't looked at my email for days.

As a reminder, I did put up a notice on my blog that I will not be accepting new requests until September 1st (and maybe longer) due to the increasing number of requests I'm getting - I have at least 300 pending emails to be answered...) Some will be getting a no, which I have not been doing in the past, but I've got to do something to catch up...

Washing dishes is worst...

Although I did get the electric burners, they are not as hot as gas...Who knew? So it's taken me all morning to heat water, do a few dishes, heat water, do a few dishes...you get the idea...at least while I'm waiting to ensure my water is hot enough, I can read...

I'm reading Corpse Reader right now...set in China in the 1200s AD...It was just translated into English, so keep watching for that review sometime next week...if you're into forensics...

Things like keeping clean, washing hair...well, let just say that I won't be inviting people to visit... and I cancelled a doctor's appointment because I couldn't take a hot shower...Washing off for home living is OK, but I couldn't accept going to doctor that way!

Washing clothes is ok because I already use Tide for cold water...But...

With no dryer, what's the use of washing them...Sooner or later what I'll do is hang them up inside. Buying rope and hanging them outside is just more money I will have spent...The electric burner cost me $50 total by the time I paid for overnight delivery...

But at least I'm not drinking my tea with foam anymore! BTW, Sheila Deeth told me her Mom gets the foam also with sweetners, so at least I know that it's not my microwave...

Only thing is that the water doesn't boil on these burners...Anybody that routinely drinks tea knows that is a must for a really good cup of tea...so, I'll still not happy, just satisfied...

Of course, I'm using the microwave for all cooking...I don't see myself cooking on the burners, except to heat soup or something like that...So a lot of fast food dinners, etc., are my choices...or going out and buying something cooked and heating it once I'm home...

It's quiet here...nobody from the lawyer's office, Columbia Gas, or anybody involved with this mess have gotten back to us...

I did get a nice response from the rep from the propane company...may have to go to that expense to convert...

But no matter what, all this is extremely time consuming to keep daily living going...

Please bear with me.
I've always tried to be efficient and effective...but this is all totally beyond my control...

Take Care,
GABby

Leaving you with the happy thought that beautiful irises are coming out daily!







Comments

  1. Oh Gabby I have electric now..Did Have Propane...Prefer Gas as well...Hope its all resolved...And Your Tea is Perfect Soon BTW...I use My Convection Oven...I used My Electric Oven once

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, if you come back and see this...what's a convection oven. I've never been a professional at housekeeping so know little...

    Re electric conversion...we are thinking it would be difficult and not easily possible without a major upgrade...after all, the cabin was built with the intention of using as much gas as possible, since it was part of the original contract with Columbia Gas...

    That's I guess what bothers me most of all about this...If a large company sells something, there apparently is nothing done to honor earlier agreements! No wonder U.S. is going down... Too much power at the top is never a solution, in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s hard to live inside a house without gas and it’s kinda frustrating that your burners are not efficient for you. I think you just have to invest in high quality burners and heaters so that you can enjoy your tea and showers. I hope you can take this as a friendly advice and I assure you that you’ll have better days when you decide to replace your burners and heaters. :D

    -Nohemi Tutterrow-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Advocate Joan Price Provides Senior Erotica...

c. 1800-1803 (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) "You are so beautiful! Your hair is shining. You have a beautiful figure! You feel so good in my arms! I missed you so much! I love you to no end! Let's make love right now!" "Just like a typical guy years younger, Max is always ready to go before I am. "I am so horny," he whispers hoarsely into my ear. I smile, enjoying his eagerness... "I want to kiss you all over," he mumbles into my neck as his hands begin to roam... "There's something I want to do, and I hope you will allow me." he begins, rather formally... "I want to kiss you all over and lick your vagina!" "I gasp, feigning shock. "I'll let you as long as you do it as long and as thoroughly as you did last week." "We did it last week?" ~~~ Ageless Erotica Edited by Joan Price I met Joan on line a number of years ago when she was writing a book. Finding her name in my files, I we

A Taste of Honey...May Be More Than You Bargained For... Check out Gamal Hennessy's Debut Novel!

A Taste of Honey:   A Novel of Crime  and Passion   By Gamal Hennessy I don't know about you, but I have trouble with an erotic novel that doesn't have a great background story. So I was very pleased and excited to read A Taste of Honey! If you like it sexy, you're going to find it here... If you like crime stories, like I do...you've also got a good story here! But, if you have sex and crime in one book, more than likely it's also going to get gory, with some parts difficult to absorb... You are thus warned... It seemed only appropriate for our two lead female characters to be the Honey that many of you will know...right? An important definition begins the book: Honey Trap: a strategy where an attractive person coerces another person into doing or revealing something... I wonder why they many times use females for this role...yes, they might succeed, but they are being placed in sometimes very dangerous situations... Hopefully, the women

A Biker's Funeral from the Novel, Running With Wild Blood By Gerrie Ferris Finger

I’m easily amused. Lake circled the rental car around Palms Garden Cemetery. A spiked, wrought iron fence kept the dead in, otherwise, who knew? They might run out and vote. I didn’t say that to Lake for fear of an unappreciative groan.  At the white stone gates, at intervals , the uniformed cop held up a hand to allow other boulevard traffic to flow past the line of bikes and cars waiting to enter the city of the  dead. My skin started to hum. The voltage in the atmosphere was amped to the max despite the fanning palms doing their damndest to make this day a  celebration of the dead. “Don’t anyone light a match,” Lake said. Riley "Big Red" O'Rourke We weaved and shouldered our way through throngs of bikers, some startled at seeing three people not wearing cut, sleeveless denim, or leather, or visible tattoos— until they caught the badges. They growled and spit, then went back to their conversations. Lots of fucks and fuckers bein