Wednesday, May 15, 2013

3:53 AM: Is this how Urban Legends Start...

Walter Mosley at the 2007 Brooklyn Book Festiv...
Walter Mosley at the 2007 Brooklyn Book Festival. The photographer dedicates this photograph to Debbie Ramos, sister of Jeffpw. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Really and Truly, I woke up this morning and my bedside clock read 3:53, you know, the name of the Urban
Fiction book by Nocomus Columbus that I just reviewed here! I don't know whether I specifically put in my review that all the murders in that book happened then...

No, I didn't murder anybody...thinking about it? Well, nobody can stop a thought fleeting across your brain, right? And, besides, how could I murder an entire corporation--yes, that one, who left me almost homeless...

http://notesfromhollyst.blogspot.com/2013/01/
how-to-make-homemade-cinnamon-tea.html
The saddest thing about Columbia Gas leaving me...gasless, is that I haven't had a good cut of tea since last week! And anybody who follows my blogs know that I sit down with a good cup of tea when I read, especially in the morning. So, my review schedule has totally been whacked! But I've been reading murder! LOL... In Bulgaria... (look for that one later)...Then Jennifer Chase's latest serial killer...burns...them to death... And last night Easy Rawlins has been asked to get involved with...a murder? Hopefully not...

Microwaves are wonderful, but they just don't make a good cup of tea. On the gas flame, I let the water boil...it boils in the microwave too, but when you add a sweetner, it foams! Now who wants foaming tea?

So what have I learned from this experience?

  • Continue not to believe anybody running companies...
  • If you use a glass bowl to try to boil water to wash dishes (and need to keep boiling for sufficient water) it breaks into pieces...
  • When crap happens, people start denying..."I didn't agree to anything..."
  • Thank God for the Electric Company...who during this mess, had a power shortage and then called to confirm I was back up and :"apologized for my inconvenience..." That's a real "service" agency...
  • Thank God for brainstorms (yesterday), electric burner tops, Walmart overnight shipping, and hopefully getting it today, so I can make a good cup of tea!
So, now that I've updated you...oh yes, I also learned (not much) online re propane gas installation... So, I'm taking my foamy tea and going back to Walter Mosley...to see what Easy's up to in his latest!

All of the above is Just My Opinion, of Course...except for the foamy tea...that's very true!

And the 3:53 AM wakeup...

Leaving me with one burning question for all of you from this new cell phone owner--why does it start a little tune and when you pick it up, it doesn't have anything for you to see or do??? 


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, that foamy tea (or coffee). My mum uses sweeteners and it always looks yuk when it foams.

    ReplyDelete

This is the Day - 10/4/2026 - That The Lord Has Made - Open Memoir

  Can We Praise the Lord?! Thankfully every time I hear a song, I can indeed Praise Him! I was born without a father--an earthly father... B...