Skip to main content

Do YOU Care? Do You say You're Sorry--And Mean It? Thoughts On the Elderly in America... God's Love; God's Truth

 


Several days ago,  I was at a doctor's office... I was sitting waiting. I would watch people coming in, so that when an elderly oriental woman came in, in a wheelchair, with a belt around her chest to keep her upright, I noticed... She paused her chair while a man went on to the window... probably by the age difference, her son, was my guess. But he had to ask her something, so she maneuvered around within the waiting room and went to the window. Suddenly the man cussed so loudly that we all heard him--he had not known she was behind him, I guess. But instead of saying something like, oops, sorry didn't know you were there, he went on, yelling, I told you last week...whatever...he then stormed by me leaving the woman to follow and went out into the hall. She slowly wheeled her chair by... I couldn't help myself, I reached out twice to her, touching her arm, the second time she slowed. I quietly said. "You need somebody to care for you that doesn't yell at you..." She spoke out of the corner of her mouth, softly, "thank you." and rolled on. Once outside he began speaking loudly again. I imagined that he must have asked her what happened. I don't know... I almost got up to follow them, but figured that it could become even louder and disruptive. 

I still worry about her. My friend Manny recently talked about the difference in being old, and being an elder... Unless we know the individual we may not know the difference. So, I say to you... Anybody who is older deserves at least respect and kindness. They may not have the history of an Elder as the term is used by Indigenous People (and that is also very important), but, as soon as I got into the car, I started talking about what happened to my caretaker... 

She has been the perfect person for me in so many ways. But most of all she has been kind and constantly courtesy from the very beginning... I cringe, wondering what physically might have also been going on with this woman... I learned yesterday that it could be so much worse for many... Your heritage of respecting your elders is so very important... How I wish that it could be so for everybody.

I had made a mistake about the time for my appointment. I'm sorry is all I could say, but she never raised her voice and when I asked her for help, she immediately turned away from the confusion asking what I needed...I think of that song, They Will Know We Are Christians by Our Love. Her love speaks to me each time I see her...

There is so much hatred, violence, and lies that are being used to incite terrible feelings for each other... How and why has this happened? It is certainly not how people were even a decade ago...

And worst of all, those who are inciting these terrible emotions are using religion as a basis for doing these acts!


I was one of the lucky ones. I reached 70 and had never been in the hospital after I was born... But then I had to "schedule" each thing that was happening. Priority 1 was to remove a tumor from my brain. Second priority was to replace my left hip...

Third priority was to have cataracts removed from both eyes one right after the other. Of course, Covid had kept me inside for about the two years... Still, with physical therapy, I have done well... And am able to take care of myself for most days. What would I do if I were confined to a wheelchair, unable to ever get out? It is hard to imagine, yet, I watched the woman, perhaps even around my present age, yet she looked so much older due to, in my thought, because of poor care for herself, poor care of the routine things done each day...

Other more routine things such as incontinence I can deal with, with medication and appropriate support supplemental clothing. Yet, I recognize that, without my caretaker, Rachel, I would not have been able to do as much as I do--taking the time for blogging, reading keeping my routine busy, my mind involved...

During Covid families seemed to come together, yet, it was the president's failure to pull America together, choosing instead to make a big deal out of using masks, having vaccine... and, yes, lying about what was going on...

I am so sick and tired of republicans lying to us. I was amazed to learn today that House Leader Johnson had decided to do his job... Perhaps, he really is a Christian, and has realized that if He didn't change, he would be losing the loyalty that comes from us seeing that he is acting in love and concern for citizens, no matter what political party...


Have you noticed and realized that the republican party keeps harping about not acting on the border, yet it was with Trump's demand that the House NOT acted upon a bi-partisan group who had put together a border security which was stopped... And then lies started coming out, blaming the other party for not doing anything about the border, republicans such as by Marjorie Green and other MAGA Conservatives... Johnson realized that he wanted to be on the right side of history... But I hope he is also striving to regain being on the right side of God our Father...


Let's get very specific. The Republican Party, with Trump as their leader refuses to ban military rifles, have no desire to control the purchase of guns...Our children are dying... Hate for anybody different than a white national christianity is...just...not...of... the God I know... the Jesus I Know...


My God is A God of Love

My God is a God of Truth

God Bless

Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advocate Joan Price Provides Senior Erotica...

c. 1800-1803 (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) "You are so beautiful! Your hair is shining. You have a beautiful figure! You feel so good in my arms! I missed you so much! I love you to no end! Let's make love right now!" "Just like a typical guy years younger, Max is always ready to go before I am. "I am so horny," he whispers hoarsely into my ear. I smile, enjoying his eagerness... "I want to kiss you all over," he mumbles into my neck as his hands begin to roam... "There's something I want to do, and I hope you will allow me." he begins, rather formally... "I want to kiss you all over and lick your vagina!" "I gasp, feigning shock. "I'll let you as long as you do it as long and as thoroughly as you did last week." "We did it last week?" ~~~ Ageless Erotica Edited by Joan Price I met Joan on line a number of years ago when she was writing a book. Finding her name in my files, I we

A Taste of Honey...May Be More Than You Bargained For... Check out Gamal Hennessy's Debut Novel!

A Taste of Honey:   A Novel of Crime  and Passion   By Gamal Hennessy I don't know about you, but I have trouble with an erotic novel that doesn't have a great background story. So I was very pleased and excited to read A Taste of Honey! If you like it sexy, you're going to find it here... If you like crime stories, like I do...you've also got a good story here! But, if you have sex and crime in one book, more than likely it's also going to get gory, with some parts difficult to absorb... You are thus warned... It seemed only appropriate for our two lead female characters to be the Honey that many of you will know...right? An important definition begins the book: Honey Trap: a strategy where an attractive person coerces another person into doing or revealing something... I wonder why they many times use females for this role...yes, they might succeed, but they are being placed in sometimes very dangerous situations... Hopefully, the women

A Biker's Funeral from the Novel, Running With Wild Blood By Gerrie Ferris Finger

I’m easily amused. Lake circled the rental car around Palms Garden Cemetery. A spiked, wrought iron fence kept the dead in, otherwise, who knew? They might run out and vote. I didn’t say that to Lake for fear of an unappreciative groan.  At the white stone gates, at intervals , the uniformed cop held up a hand to allow other boulevard traffic to flow past the line of bikes and cars waiting to enter the city of the  dead. My skin started to hum. The voltage in the atmosphere was amped to the max despite the fanning palms doing their damndest to make this day a  celebration of the dead. “Don’t anyone light a match,” Lake said. Riley "Big Red" O'Rourke We weaved and shouldered our way through throngs of bikers, some startled at seeing three people not wearing cut, sleeveless denim, or leather, or visible tattoos— until they caught the badges. They growled and spit, then went back to their conversations. Lots of fucks and fuckers bein