Skip to main content

WORDS MATTER!

Over the last year or so, when my time was totally dedicated to my readers blog, I have also been involved with World Happenings...During my professional career, I was constantly working, many hours of overtime, which ultimately led to Job Burnout...

During this same period, I was trying to balance my own life, and ensure that I once again did not become overwhelmed with work--book reviews--to the exclusion of anything else...

Along the way, I found a Facebook group about blogs... I immediately joined, thinking I'd like to have an opportunity to talk to and about other people's blogs. The group had been abandoned, frankly, rightly so, because a series of people who obviously set out to upset, "vandalize by placing fake members in the group," and did... The group was offered up to a new admin... Anyway, since then, there seems to be not an interest in centrally sharing blogs... At the same time, there were FB members who routinely share essays, topical dialogue and personal thoughts, memories, or concerns...Right now, we are exploring whether there is a "use" for this group...

What I do know is that "Words Matter"! At a time when civility and civil disobedience is headline news, to me, there has never been a better time to spotlight that your words matter...my words matter...and more important, individuals' words matter--outside of a political party...

Anybody who is paying attention at this chaotic time knows that America is in a crisis.  Politicians blame the other party--anybody but their own actions. Fake news is the new word...Media is said to be no longer able to be trusted. Oops, that is, only news media that supports one faction or another is acceptable, right? I have been personally condemned for watching CNN! Oh, My! It is a station that deals with all sides of an issue and encourages discussion and debate. That to me, for a television program, rather than a newspaper, is the only way to make Words Matter!

Yesterday in the Words Matter! Group, I posted a number of videos of top news items...Check them out... Do you find that when you post publicly, the poster is criticized, condemned and berated if you have to say something politically charged.  It seems that politics allows people to forget that their Words Matter!

In this group, we are open to sharing personal thoughts, with no fear of ridicule, condemnation for an opinion that differs from that which has been posted. For those who want to share their own words...and participate in a legitimate argument, debate, or just plain personal reactions freely given without critical or snide remarks...this group is for you. Postings are monitored and comments that "are not civil" are automatically removed. If you want to speak "loudly"
 just to disagree, this isn't the place for you. If you want to incite emotions rather than read another person's thoughts and opinions and consider them on their own merit, this group isn't for you...

Words Matter! Your Words Matter and you should not have to defend your own opinions! If you don't know something when a comment has been made. Why not thank them for that info and consider your post in light of new information gathered. Words affect people... Words are meant to be shared as information, as our Constitution provides for us under Freedom of Speech. But, personally, I think there are limits, don't you? Freedom of speech should carry with it the ability to freely speak, using language that is not offensive for any reason, and meant to disseminate your thoughts on a topic. Responses to another's words is important to each of us...we want to know what other people think about shared Words... We should not be afraid to share!!!

You decide how to present your Words... It can be purely for posting, with no desire to have substantial feedback other than appreciation or personal thoughts in response...

Or you can post videos/news articles, such as I did about a topic of concern to you, and then add your own thoughts and seek feedback. Who knows, if Words Matter! you may change your opinion if you receive information in an open manner and with the ability to add thoughts or questions without fear of negativity creeping into the discussion...

Does this sound like a group for you? A group that wants to share intellectually rather than emotionally. A group that is concerned about how words are used and are valued for their merit...

Consider this writers! I've been reading your words all my life, the last ten years of so as a reviewer of how you have used your words and what they have said... Why not share some of the issues that affected your writing a book and maybe even a problem you experienced that somebody else could also face...

Right now, I'm looking for feedback! If you are not already a member, merely join the group! There is already a pinned post to discuss the future of this group; we'd love to have more participation on postings, for instance, even if you don't want to contribute, but just read what has been shared, that's important too! After all, I've been overwhelmed by requests to read somebody's Words, so I am well aware of how much Words Matter! Protect your words and share them where they will be heard/read...

GABixler



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advocate Joan Price Provides Senior Erotica...

c. 1800-1803 (Photo credit: Wikipedia ) "You are so beautiful! Your hair is shining. You have a beautiful figure! You feel so good in my arms! I missed you so much! I love you to no end! Let's make love right now!" "Just like a typical guy years younger, Max is always ready to go before I am. "I am so horny," he whispers hoarsely into my ear. I smile, enjoying his eagerness... "I want to kiss you all over," he mumbles into my neck as his hands begin to roam... "There's something I want to do, and I hope you will allow me." he begins, rather formally... "I want to kiss you all over and lick your vagina!" "I gasp, feigning shock. "I'll let you as long as you do it as long and as thoroughly as you did last week." "We did it last week?" ~~~ Ageless Erotica Edited by Joan Price I met Joan on line a number of years ago when she was writing a book. Finding her name in my files, I we

A Taste of Honey...May Be More Than You Bargained For... Check out Gamal Hennessy's Debut Novel!

A Taste of Honey:   A Novel of Crime  and Passion   By Gamal Hennessy I don't know about you, but I have trouble with an erotic novel that doesn't have a great background story. So I was very pleased and excited to read A Taste of Honey! If you like it sexy, you're going to find it here... If you like crime stories, like I do...you've also got a good story here! But, if you have sex and crime in one book, more than likely it's also going to get gory, with some parts difficult to absorb... You are thus warned... It seemed only appropriate for our two lead female characters to be the Honey that many of you will know...right? An important definition begins the book: Honey Trap: a strategy where an attractive person coerces another person into doing or revealing something... I wonder why they many times use females for this role...yes, they might succeed, but they are being placed in sometimes very dangerous situations... Hopefully, the women

A Biker's Funeral from the Novel, Running With Wild Blood By Gerrie Ferris Finger

I’m easily amused. Lake circled the rental car around Palms Garden Cemetery. A spiked, wrought iron fence kept the dead in, otherwise, who knew? They might run out and vote. I didn’t say that to Lake for fear of an unappreciative groan.  At the white stone gates, at intervals , the uniformed cop held up a hand to allow other boulevard traffic to flow past the line of bikes and cars waiting to enter the city of the  dead. My skin started to hum. The voltage in the atmosphere was amped to the max despite the fanning palms doing their damndest to make this day a  celebration of the dead. “Don’t anyone light a match,” Lake said. Riley "Big Red" O'Rourke We weaved and shouldered our way through throngs of bikers, some startled at seeing three people not wearing cut, sleeveless denim, or leather, or visible tattoos— until they caught the badges. They growled and spit, then went back to their conversations. Lots of fucks and fuckers bein